SERVICE AGREEMENT – FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY
SECTION 1 – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions are directed towards all users of our website. This includes the subscriber, user or customer of Writers’ Garage’s (“our” “we” “us”) services, your use of our services is governed by these Terms and Conditions Agreement (“Agreement”). By subscribing (our mailing list or other services) or purchasing our services you acknowledge, accept and agree to be bound by the provisions of this Agreement. Your continued use of our services shall be interpreted to mean that you have read this Agreement and you understood the provisions therein.By clicking on the acceptance box below it means you wholly accept this Agreement as the contract governing your relationship with us.
This service agreement is binding on all active subscribers of our services.
SECTION 2 – USER CONSENT AND CONFIRMATION
By accessing this website using any of our services, you confirm that:
- You are a mentally fit person who understands the risks of getting into agreements and subscriptions.
- You can withstand the loss of profits, deposits, and investments.
- It will be up to you to discern any or all risks on your own related to the services provided by Writers’ Garage.
- You are permitted under the laws applicable to you and any organization which you represent to access this website and you are not otherwise subject to any restriction prohibiting access to this website imposed by the laws and regulations of your jurisdiction.
SECTION 3 -PAYMENT
Writers’ Garage provides flexibility in the provision of its services and therefore the payments can be made according to the relevant price description and what has been shown in the cart according to each product and service. Please note thatpayments that are greater than 300 euro can be made at once or split in two parts. Where a payment is made at once, it must be done immediately before inception of the provision of the services. Where a payment is split in two parts, the first instalment must be paid immediately before the inception of the provision of the services and the second instalment must be paid at any time during the provision of the services but not exceeding 8 weeks from the date the first instalment was paid.However, where the services have been completed before 8 weeks from the date of the first instalment, the second instalment must be paid immediately before the delivery of the file(s) to the customer for proofreading.
SECTION 4 – TEXT SUBMISSION
Due to the nature of our services all files submitted to us to be used to produce a relative layout, must be the FINAL manuscript of the customer. Once the file containing the text of the customer manuscript has been submitted to us, there shall be NO AMENDMENTS OR ALTERATIONS to the text under any and all circumstances. There shall be NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS PROVISION. Once we commence work on the internal layout of the manuscript, the customer or subscriber cannot make revisions. Nevertheless, if the customer insists on making changes or alterations to the manuscript after submission, such alterations shall attract an additional fee of 80 euro. The additional fee shall be paid immediately before the changed or altered manuscript will be accepted.
With the only obvious exception of proof corrections (with proofcorrections we refer to layout, design and RESIDUAL text inaccuracies, submitted by the customer after the final proofreading) no corrections or amendments of any type to the text can be submitted by the customer.
SECTION 5 – BOOK COVER
Our service under *book cover* is limited to the creation of the cover offered in the packages on our website which entails 2 hours work of:
- Placing the title over the pictures;
- Colour correction;
- Editing for the print and the ebook;
- Adjusting the back cover with blurb and bar code etc.
This service is provided on an image at high resolution provided by the customer or selected by the customer or selected by us following the criteria suggested by the customer in our database of images for free commercial use.
SECTION 6 – COVER GRAPHIC DESIGN WORK
Any other work which is not specified in *book cover* will be charged separately. The specific quantity of work will be measured by our graphic designer and communicated to the customer once the customer explains the requirements. The appropriate service to be purchased will be “Graphic Design work” on our website.
SECTION 7 – CUSTOMER PORTAL
After payment for our services, a personal portal will be created for the customer. The customer shall receive a tailored ID and password to access the portal. All the main files exchanged with the customer will be uploaded on the personal portal of the customer. The personal portal page is a virtual space where the customer can access all the files produced by us together with some administration documents. On the personal portal the customer can also view the estimated deadline of the project and follow the progression of the work on the different phases.
Most importantly the final files shall be delivered to the customer at the personal portal. The customer shall have access to his or her personal portal now and in the future to enable him or her to have constant access to the final files.
SECTION 8 – OWNERSHIP
All Intellectual property rights in the files submitted by the Customer is the exclusive property of the Customer. Writers’ Garage does not under any circumstances own the intellectual property rights or proprietary rights to any and all files submitted by the Customer. Consequently, Customer acknowledges that Writers’ Garage shall not be responsible for any and all liabilities emanating from the file including but not limited to intellectual property rights infringement and plagiarism.
SECTION 9 – USE AND CONDUCT ON OUR SERVICES AND PROHIBITION THEREOF
9.1. By Using Our Website, You Understand That:
- Accessing any of our resources by means other than we provide is prohibited. You agree that you will not access our website in any unlawful manner or any other unethical manner whichever it may be.
- You are agreeing that any information you provide will always be correct, accurate, and according to law.
- You agree that you will provide and state all and complete information regarding yourself. In case you haven’t provided us with the correct information, Writers’ Garage has a right to use the appropriate information
- By accessing our website or and using it the users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login, registration, or any information associated with any account they access and use. Henceforth, users agree they are solely responsible for the activities that occur under their account.
- It is prohibited to engage in any activity or business which may disrupt or interfere with our website content, our services, and our business.
- You agree that you will not duplicate, copy, or counterfeit source code, logos, business models, products, videos, samples, services in any way neither will you sell them on your own.
- By using our website, you agree that you are responsible for the consequences, losses, or damages that may directly or indirectly incur due to any unlawful, unethical, or unauthorized activity as explained above. For which you may be held responsible in the eyes of law.
- The posting of copyright content and any other content which is considered the property of someone else is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- When posting written or any other content makes sure that the content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses, or other harmful or destructive content.
- Your comments, posts, or other content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other forums and websites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods.
- You will not chargeback the amount you already paid, doing so will result in an immediate ban which may last indefinitely.
- Impersonate any person and use a fake name or gain access to anyone’s account in any way or manner that may deem unlawful.
- You will not be involved in any prohibited, unethical, or unsolicited advertising that involves our website or products.
SECTION 10 – EMAIL AND CHAT COMMUNICATIONS
We provide email addresses or online chat channels for ease of communication between you and us. Details on how to access the chat channel shall be provided to the customers, however in some instances, the chat channel may not be available as a means of communication. We disclaim all and any liability arising from the unavailability of the chat channel as a result of technical issues or otherwise.
Customers can elect to send feedback of their reviewed files either via email or through our chat channel. Customers are invited to acknowledge emails from us with a quick reply in order to avoid unnecessary delays and misunderstandings. Customers acknowledge that delays in promptly responding to our communication and in providing feedback on the design and layout can cause substantial defects or delay in the delivery of the final work.Whilethe standard period of time for us to develop the pdfs (printed book) and the files of the ebook is 8 weeks from the date of the first payment, any delays emanating from the customer in providing the initial files of the manuscript, in accessing the personal portal, in providing feedback and in any other necessary activity to be performed by the customer, can extendthe final delivery date beyond 8 weeks. Writers’ Garage shall not be liable for such delays caused by the customer.
SECTION 11 – REPRESENTATION DISCLAIMER
Any views or opinions represented in this website are personal and belong solely to Writers’ Garage and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
SECTION 12 – INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
The buyer to the fullest extent permitted by law, shall indemnify, defend, hold harmless, protect and defend the owner, administrator, affiliate, or anyone professionally associated with Writers’ Garage from and against any and all liabilities, claims, damages, losses, demands, lawsuits, costs, and expenses, including attorney fees, arising out of or resulting from any cause of action for any reason whatsoever related to services provided by and through our website. If any such legal claim, demand, or lawsuit arise or be asserted in any way whatsoever related thereto, whether arising under the laws of the Republic ofIreland or any other country, or under any theory of law or equity, the buyer will indemnify, hold harmless and defend the owner, administrator, affiliate or anyone associated with our Writers’ Garagefrom any and all costs, expenses, or liability including but not limited to the cost of any settlement or judgment made or rendered against Writers’ Garage.
SECTION 13 – SEVERABILITY
The terms, conditions, and rules stated here are severable, and in case if a portion is found to be invalid or unenforceable by an authority of competent jurisdiction, the rest of the portion will remain valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law.<
SECTION 14 – CONTACT US
If you want to contact us, you can do so either by contacting us through our website or you can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.