Writers’ Garage acknowledges the pertinence in safeguarding your privacy and is therefore dedicated to protecting your personal information when you access or use its services onwww.writersgarage.net. In this policy we explain in clear and unambiguous terms why we process your data, how we collect your data, the legal basis for processing your data, how long we retain your data and who we might share your data with, and how we share your data.
SECTION 2 – TYPES OF INFORMATION WRITERS’ GARAGE COLLECT
Writers’ Garage collect the following types of information about you
2.1. Information You Provide Writers’ Garage
We may ask for customized information such as username, your first and last name,phone number, physical address, billing address, and e-mail address when you register for our services on www.writersgarage.net. or if you contact us by filling the contact form on our website or if you subscribe to our newsletter.We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide you with the functionality of our services. We may also use this information to correspond with you and to address any issues you raise about your purchases.
2.2. Information Writers’ Garage collect from you automatically
We may directly collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as google analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for our services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving our services. We collect and use this analytics information in a collective form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any specific individual user.
2.3. Cookies information
When you visit www.writersgarage.net.we may send one or more cookies. Kindly read our cookies policy for more information.
2.4. Log File Information
Logfile information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access our website. When you use our website, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
2.5. Device Identifiers
A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the website. Some features of the website may not function properly if the use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled. Thus, when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Writers’ Garage.
2.6. Location Data
Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the website. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we would ask you for your location data and access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Some features of the website, especially location-based services, may not function properly if the use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
SECTION 3 – COOKIES POLICY
3.1. Usage Of Cookies
We may use different types of cookies such as functionality cookie which helps the websites to possible to recognize the users/visitors on the websites and remember any previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. We may also use advertising cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We may share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
3.2. Managing And Removing Cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
SECTION 4 – HOW WRITERS’ GARAGE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you provide us to provide our services to you. This includes allowing you to log in to Writers’ Garage to subscribe to our packages.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about vital elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts, or administrative matters.
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve Writers’ Garage Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as the total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To promote and drive engagement with the Writers’ Garage Service: We use your contact information to communicate with you about features and offers of similar services that you have viewed, and we think you would be interested in. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: Periodically Writers’ Garage may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
- For matters that we are required to use your information by law: Writers’ Garage will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Writers’ Garage, our Users or others.
SECTION 5 – LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION
We will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you our services and fulfill our obligations to you under our Terms and Conditions. This includes providing you with access to our services you purchased or subscribed to on our site.
- It is justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com or through your account settings page. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services.
SECTION 6 – SHARING USER INFORMATION
We will not divulge, rent, lease or sell your information to third parties (including any parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates) without your consent, except if it is mandated by government authorities.
We would only share your information with third parties who are our service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
Some of the third parties that Writers’ Garage may share your personal information with include providers who assist Writers’ Garage with functions such as:
- Email services;
- Customer support and customer management;
- Analytics; and
- Hosting and storage.
SECTION 7 – HOW WE TRANSFER, STORE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA
Your information collected through the website may be stored and processed in the Republic of Ireland. Writers’ Garage may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Where we transfer your information to a third-party provider that is not located in the EEA and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third-party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. Occasionally, we may also seek your consent to transfer your information to a third country outside the EEA.
SECTION 8 – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR) COMPLIANCE
In accordance with the GDPR, all users and members have the right to access their personal information about themselves that they have stored on our systems, and they can have us update this data, correct it, or delete it. Also, you may at any time withdraw your consent to any activity in which you provided us your consent. You are also entitled to obtain from us your Information (excluding data we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.1. UK Data Privacy Rights Under GDPR
Writers’ Garage would like to make sure we are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The Right To Access – You have the right to request Writers’ Garage for copies of your personal data.
- The Right To Rectification – You have the right to request that we correct (or complete) any information you believe is inaccurate (or incomplete) about yourself.
- The Right To Erasure – You have the right to request that Writers’ Garage erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Restrict Processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Object To Processing – You have the right to object to our website’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Data Portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The Right To Complain To A Supervisory Authority – You have the right to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at this email: email@example.com. We shall respond to your request within 4 weeks.
In some circumstances, Writers’ Garage may not be able to comply with a request that you make in respect of your personal data. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another User. We may also be required to retain certain information that you ask us to delete for various reasons, such as where there is a legal requirement to do so.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you may be entitled to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
8.2. Data Controller
Our data controller for the information you provide us with or for the information that is collected by us is:
21, Howth Road
Republic of Ireland
SECTION 9 – CHILDREN PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
Our services are not for children, we do not knowingly and calculatedly gather or retain information about children without the consent of their guardian or parents.
SECTION 10 – UNLAWFUL ACCESS OF YOUR INFORMATION
In the event that any information under our control is unlawfully accessed as a result of a breach of security, Writers’ Garage will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation.Where necessary, Writers’ Garage shall alert those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
SECTION 11 – CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
11.1. You Control Your Account Information And Settings
You can update your account information by logging into your account and changing your profile settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
11.2. Opting Out Of Collection Of Your Information For Tracking / Advertising
Kindly refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents Writers’ Garage or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service and for use in targeted advertising activities by third parties. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service.
SECTION 12 – HOW LONG WRITERS’ GARAGE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Writers’ Garage may retain your profile information and user content for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, Writers’ Garage may retain your information for the purpose of compliance with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
SECTION 13 – LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES