Please read below for further information on each of these services.
The International Standard Book Number, or ISBN, is a unique combination of numbers that enable retailers to identify your book globally. Bookstores cannot buy or sell your book unless you have one.
- An ISBN is assigned to each separate variation of a book. Therefore, when you are publishing your book in print and as an eBook, you will need to purchase two separate ISBNs.
- As the author, it is up to you to publish your unique ISBNs. We at Writers’ Garage will give you instructions on how to do that.
- Once you have obtained your ISBN(s), we will generate a barcode for your ISBN(s) which will then appear on the cover of your book so it can be easily scanned.
The Basic Cover Design is the perfect solution for you if you already have an original picture you want to use as your cover. You can also choose a picture from our database of commercially usable images at no extra cost.
Our designer will create and edit covers for your printed book and eBook that will be coherent with the content, genre and style of your book and your prescriptions.
- You will be given a broad questionnaire covering all the crucial features of the cover.
- You will be asked to show us an original picture or other book covers you like for us to better understand your preferences. You can also choose a picture from our database of commercially usable images.
- Our designer will create 3 different designs and show them to you for feedback. A 3D mock-up of your book will also be provided to aid you in your decision.
- There will be two more cycles where the designer will submit one design for your feedback.
- The cover will then be finalised upon your approval and applied on the printed and eBook versions of your book files.
- If you are still not satisfied with the cover design (although we believe you will be!), we’ll have a chat to evaluate possible solutions.
We’ll do our best to provide the best cover we can deliver in the allocated working time intended for this publishing package. However, if further work is requested, it will incur in additional costs.
IMPORTANT: If you require original illustration services for your cover, please click here to purchase the standalone PRO Cover service.
Once you submit your carefully written, proofread and final manuscript and the pictures you want to include in your book, we can start formatting it to create a presentable version that is ready for printing in paperback. This will include:
- Clear hierarchy of sections and subsections within the book
- Readable typeface
- PDF proof sent to you for approval before continuing
- Placement of up to 20 images as provided by the author
- Black & white: customized layout to meet industry standards
- Colour: a bespoke combination of coloured text, graphics, and photos – ideal for art, photography, children’s books, etc.
If you require custom illustration services for your cover you can find our PRO Cover service here. If you need illustrations for the interior of your book, you can purchase our illustration services here.
IMPORTANT: Please note that printing books in colour will incur higher costs than printing in black and white.
We’ll handle converting your book into almost any format of eBook, including formats readable on iBook, Kindle, Kobo and Nook.
- Dynamic, responsive, reflowable formatting of sections, texts and images that will make your book readable on any computer, smart device, screen and eBook reader
- Custom layout matching the theme and content of your eBook
- Carefully selected font families, title page setup, front matter, chapter headers and more for an aesthetically pleasing style and performance
- You will be sent a sample for approval
- Post-conversion quality control check and epub proofing included
We will provide you a detailed tutorial that will guide you step by step to upload your book on KDP and Ingram!
Print on Demand is a service that allows you to sell your book to individual customers without having to first print thousands of copies with the hope that they will be sold. Instead, POD enables your distributor to respond to every request for your books by printing off an individual book based on the customer’s request.
The most well-known POD services are KDP (Amazon) and Ingram Spark. Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing, or KDP, is a Print On Demand service that gives you direct access to the entire Amazon online network. Ingram, as the world’s largest distributor of books, can get your book into practically any store and will be able to make your book available for sale in over 39,000 online retailers. You don’t need anyone else; however, once you book and eBook files are complete, you’ll be free to upload your files wherever you wish.
The Print On Demand process is as follows:
- We will prepare the book files in the correct formats for either KDP and Ingram Spark, as they require different parameters.
- We will give you instructions on how to upload it, whether you decide to do it through KDP (Amazon), or Ingram Spark, or both.
- Your printed book will be available to be ordered by bookstores, libraries, retailers and on websites throughout the world.
- You become a completely independent author and publisher, with 100% control of all the income earned from any royalties generated by your work!
We are currently working on a section of our website that will include information about authors that have decided to create their book with us. As one of our authors, you will be credited on our website with a personal section that will include:
- A short bio
- Pictures of your new book
- Picture of yourself
- Space to promote your website and social media accounts
- Links to buy your book.
This will be your public space where you can share your experience and gain more visibility for you and your book on the search engine result pages.
It is impossible for any writer to copy-edit their own work, and few things are as off-putting as what seems to be a sloppily written work full of spelling mistakes and erratic grammar. So it is vital that you get an objective, professional editor to perform this task for you.
Once you’ve written the final draft of your manuscript, you can submit it for copy-editing as a Microsoft Word file or PDF with a maximum word count of 60,000. We can provide you with an experienced editor who will meticulously comb your manuscript for mistakes in:
- Using jargon
- Using clichés
- Tense consistency
- Overall phrase structure.
Please note that copy-editing is editing at the “sentence” level; this is an entirely technical task and has nothing to do with the quality of the story and its characterizations and structure.
For a Step-By-Step Guide on How It Works, Click Here!
IMPORTANT: Interior book design for both printed and eBook versions does not include editorial service (editing on your text made by a professional editor); it is strictly a design service. You can purchase our Editing and/or proofreading services here.
For more services, you can take a look at our Single Services or our Pro packages.
Any situation that is leading to an addition of working hours for the designer is subject to additional costs.
You will have the chance to proofread and submit corrections before the printed version of the book is finalised. The text revision after proofreading is intended to be 1 revision, 1 cycle. A cycle means that a new file with corrections has been provided by the author to be applied to the book. Any additional cycle will be charged separately for 60 euro each.
The creation of the final design will require a minimum of 8 weeks in the best cases. Once the PDF of the book is completed, the author will check for mistakes, typos and errors in the final layout. If you want, we can proofread the book at that stage, but the service has an extra cost. Once the proofreading is done by us or by you, the author, the corrections will be applied by the designer. This can take 1 to 5 days – and the final PDF for POD will be delivered to the author to be uploaded.