Please read below for further information on the Novel & Memoir Entry Package .
The International Standard Book Number, or ISBN, is a unique combination of numbers that enable retailers to identify your book globally. Bookstores cannot buy or sell your book unless you have one.
- An ISBN is assigned to each separate variation of a book. Therefore, when you are publishing your book in print and as an eBook, you will need to purchase two separate ISBNs.
- As the author, it is up to you to publish your unique ISBNs. We at Writers’ Garage will give you instructions on how to do that.
- Once you have obtained your ISBN(s), we will generate a barcode for your ISBN(s) which will then appear on the cover of your book so it can be easily scanned.
- Paperback and eBook covers
- Back cover blurb text limited to 300 words
- Minimal image manipulation or design changes
- Selection of one image to use on front cover from our stock-photography source or you can provide your own
- No author photo on the back cover
Our designer will create the cover for your printed book and eBook that will be coherent with the content, genre and style of your book.
- Our designer will create a designs and will show it to you for feedback.
- The cover will then be finalised upon your approval and applied on the printed and eBook versions of your book files.
IMPORTANT: If you require a broader service for your cover please contact us, we are happy to help.
Once you submit your carefully written, proofread and FINAL manuscript, we can start formatting it to create a presentable version ready for printing in paperback. This will include:
- Simple, text-only books with no quotes, block quotes, poems, headings (other than chapter titles), images, lists, bullets, endnotes/footnotes, index, or other special elements
- Style settings:11pts font, chapter titles centred, running heads top/centred, page numbers bottom/centered, chapters start on next immediate page, no drop caps, no ornamentation, no table of contents
- Print-ready PDF set to your printer’s requirements
- 100,000 words or less
- 15 edits included with 1 round of revisions; additional edits are 10 euro per edit, and additional rounds are euro 20 per round
- No pictures and no tables (only text is allowed in the book)
- For Amazon KDP and/or IngramSpark
- No customization allowed
- Trim size available: 5×8, 5.5×8.5, 6×9
- Chapters always start on the next page
- Readable typeface with 11pts font.
- Black & white layout
We’ll handle converting your book into an eBook.
- Dynamic, responsive, reflowable formatting will make your book readable on any computer, smart device, screen and eBook reader
- Post-conversion quality control check and epub proofing included
You can access a detailed video tutorial that will guide you step by step to upload your book on KDP and Ingram!
Print on Demand is a service that allows you to sell your book to individual customers without having to first print thousands of copies with the hope that they will be sold. Instead, POD enables your distributor to respond to every request for your books by printing off an individual book based on the customer’s request.
The most well-known POD services are KDP (Amazon) and Ingram Spark. Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing, or KDP, is a Print On Demand service that gives you direct access to the entire Amazon online network. Ingram, as the world’s largest distributor of books, can get your book into practically any store and will be able to make your book available for sale in over 39,000 online retailers. You don’t need anyone else; however, once you book and eBook files are complete, you’ll be free to upload your files wherever you wish.
The Print On Demand process is as follows:
- We will prepare the book files in the correct formats for either KDP and Ingram Spark, as they require different parameters.
- We will give you instructions on how to upload it, whether you decide to do it through KDP (Amazon), or Ingram Spark, or both.
- Your printed book will be available to be ordered by bookstores, libraries, retailers and on websites throughout the world.
- You become a completely independent author and publisher, with 100% control of all the income earned from any royalties generated by your work!
It is now available a section of our website that will include information about authors that have decided to create their book with us. As one of our authors, you will be credited on our website with a personal section that will include:
- A short bio
- Pictures of your new book
- Picture of yourself
- Space to promote your website and social media accounts
- Links to buy your book.
This will be your public space where you can share your profile, experience and gain more visibility for you and your book on the search engine result pages.
Any situation that is leading to an addition of working hours for the designer is subject to additional costs.
IMPORTANT: Interior book design for both printed and eBook versions does not include editorial service (editing on your text made by a professional editor); it is strictly a design service. We invite you to purchase our Editing and/or proofreading services if you need it.
For more services, you can take a look at our Single Services or our Advanced and Pro packages.